User Tag List

Thread: Corsair H105 AIO cooler is noisy as all hell,heres why

Default Corsair H105 AIO cooler is noisy as all hell,heres why

Hi Guys
    I recently started overclocking my i7 3770 and my DeepCool gammaxx 400 couldn't cope with the heat .At 4222mhz @ 1.192v the cpu was was hitting TJmax(100 degrees) and throttling.So I got a Corsair H105 and while its definitely much cooler,the temps don't go past 80 with an ambient of 27 degrees,it is EXTREMELY loud.The noise wasn't your typical motor noise or air turbulence but a squeaky noise like when your cars brakes are going bad.Well I thought it was the pump but I forced it to run at max and it doesn't make the same noise.I made the fans spin at max,btw these fan can spin to almost 3000rpm, and there's the noise!
    Could be a bad bearing on one of the fans or it just needs oil,either way I'm replacing them with the quiet ones from corsair next year when everyone opens up again.

Just thought Id let everyone know that the cheapest AIO(240mm) from Corsair is one loud motherf**ker and you should definitely consider alternatives or change out the fans/run single fan only.

Default Re: Corsair H105 AIO cooler is noisy as all hell,heres why

I had the same problem with my Coolermaster 140XL. It was set in a push-pull setup and at high speeds there was a fan noise. Initially it was because the fan was brushing against the radiator, so I spaced it out and it seemed like the problem was gone. It turns out that the fan itself had bad bearings and moved back and forth too much. I just removed the fan and am currently just using a single, push fan.

I considered using one of my Fractal case fans but decided to see how it would run and it seems okay. I might look at better fans in the future.

Whered you buy a fractal case from in SA?

Anyways right now Im running the fans on a silence/low rpm fan curve. The ambient temp hit 30 degrees today but the cpu stayed below 80 degrees.
    Last edited by Ebrahim Ali; 22-12-2016 at 09:35 PM.

Fractal cases were available everywhere a year or so ago but suppliers stopped bringing them in. I got my Define R5 from Raru. Is 80 degrees a safe operating temp for that CPU? Surprisingly high! It's disappointing that such expensive coolers come with average fans.
    Last edited by LazyDemoni; 23-12-2016 at 09:07 AM.

While stress testing with intel burn test one core goes to 79 degrees. Normal benchmarks and games dont go past 70 degrees. This is all while an ambient temp of 30 degrees.

Its a shame about Fractal cases not being available anymore.