User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Nintendo 3DS XL

  1. #1

    Default Nintendo 3DS XL

    Looking to purchase a 3DS XL, but other than Takealot, there aren't a lot of local shops in CPT that sell them?

    Any recommendations?
    Loot.co.za has, but seems they all order them and wait for shipping?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Nintendo 3DS XL

    BTGames should also have, but will probably be pricier. Up here you can also get them at Toyzone, but don't think CT has Toyzones.

    I got mine from Takealot on a special. Can also investigate 2nd hand if cost is an issue.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Nintendo 3DS XL

    Raru has stock of the new 3DS XL, think BTGames only has the 2DS now

  4. #4

    Default Re: Nintendo 3DS XL

    Before the Switch came out it was a nightmare to get a new 3DSXL because Core Group SA thought it would harm the Switch's sales. But I see Raru and BT have stock of them again.

    Or you could try and get lucky at a Cash Crusaders or Cash Converters, sometimes some branches think they still have an old DS and sell them for R1000.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Nintendo 3DS XL

    Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Before the Switch came out it was a nightmare to get a new 3DSXL because Core Group SA thought it would harm the Switch's sales. But I see Raru and BT have stock of them again.

    Or you could try and get lucky at a Cash Crusaders or Cash Converters, sometimes some branches think they still have an old DS and sell them for R1000.
    I see the switch can be handheld like the 3DS, just bigger etc.
    Is it a hybrid console of sorts?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Nintendo 3DS XL

    Well, if you want to be technical the Switch IS a portable handheld, with docking capabilities to play on the telly. But yes it is a hybrid console. Just don't lick the cartridges please.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Nintendo 3DS XL

    Thanks for the responses.

    I ended up buying 2 at a local BT Games along with 2 chargers (How they don't come standard with these are beyond me) and a copy of Pokemon Sun & Moon each.

    Any other recommended games for it?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Nintendo 3DS XL

    Quote Originally Posted by Musha View Post
    Thanks for the responses.

    I ended up buying 2 at a local BT Games along with 2 chargers (How they don't come standard with these are beyond me) and a copy of Pokemon Sun & Moon each.

    Any other recommended games for it?
    Brave Default and Bravely Second if you are into JRPGs
    Fire Emblem Awakening and Fire Emblem Fates (Birth Right and Conquest)
    Codename S.T.E.A.M which is kind of like XCOM
    The Legend of Zelda Remakes of Ocarina of Time and Majora's mask

  9. #9

    Default Re: Nintendo 3DS XL

    Quote Originally Posted by Death_cometh View Post
    Brave Default and Bravely Second if you are into JRPGs
    Fire Emblem Awakening and Fire Emblem Fates (Birth Right and Conquest)
    Codename S.T.E.A.M which is kind of like XCOM
    The Legend of Zelda Remakes of Ocarina of Time and Majora's mask
    Lol pretty much this. But I won't gush over the Fire Emblem games and how amazing of a RPG/Turn based strategy these titles are. If you decide to get fates see if you can get the Special edition, which includes both Birthright and Conquest and the 3rd DLC game all on one cart. Will save you about R400 if you can find it. You can add it on mishlist at Raru, and email them they will get stock again. And while you wait, you can play Fire Emblem Awakening or the upcoming Echoes. Awakening has a demo, but it only really shows a tiny part of the game.

    BTW the Bravely default games have prequel story demos and Codename STEAM has a demo as well.

    If you want a super hard yet super rewarding and long macabre RPG (where Undertale also took inspiration, Shin Megami Tensei 4 on the eshop is your place to go.

    For the best co-op madness definitely go Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and Monster Hunter Generations, demos are available. While Generations has less story in it, it's the better choice as it's going to get an expansion soon.

    If you can, track down Kid Icarus Uprising if you want a damn solid action game/rail shooter with some impressive graphics even by today's standards.

    Any mario based game is amazing for head to head like Smash Bros and Mario Kart 7. Smash bros has a demo.

    And if I can make 3 eshop recomendations:

    Azure Striker Gunvolt 1 and 2
    THIS is the megaman style game we were really waiting for, and NOT Mighty No. 9. Awesome characters, good and hidden endings and awesome powers. Fun platformer with tough and fair challenge.

    Virtues Last Reward
    This story..... is amazing. It's a glorified visual novel with puzzle elements, with the premise being that you can die at any time. The twist? Use the butterfly effect to avoid those deaths next time, and honestly has one of the best true endings that I never saw coming. Demo available

    Any and all Phoenix Wright games
    If you own any nintendo handheld you owe it to yourself to at least try one of the games. Just trust me. Demo available

    And if you're wondering what the hell the "blocks" mean in space when downloading: 8 blocks = 1mb. I know, it's stupid.
    Last edited by Incognito; 17-03-2017 at 12:49 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •