User Tag List

Thread: Starcraft Remastered - Thread of "You want a piece of me boy...........in HD?"

Default Starcraft Remastered - Thread of "You want a piece of me boy...........in HD?"

So, this just happened:

Looks like it's receiving an HD update like Age of Empires 2 did. One can also see they seem to be keeping the LAN support as well in the game, but still adding advanced new online features.

StarCraft: Remastered will offer the classic real-time strategy game’s campaign and multiplayer mode updated for “4K UHD” resolution. The remaster will also include StarCraft’s “original soundtrack and dialogue, re-recorded and rejuvenated,” as well as revamped briefings between missions.

As for the game’s remastered visuals, Blizzard says players will be able to “zoom out for a Battlecruiser’s view of the battlefield, or zoom in to see the veins on a Mutalisk’s wings.”

“StarCraft is a pure distillation of Blizzard’s DNA—its story, its balance, and all the little details reflect our long-running commitment to epic entertainment, and it’s been a staple in competitive gaming and esports for almost 20 years,” Morhaime said in a press release. “With StarCraft: Remastered, we’re modernizing the original game’s visuals, audio, and online support to ensure that players can enjoy StarCraft for another 20 years and beyond.”
    Some Screenies to show off some of the reworked sprite assets in-game

What do you all think? I'm down with this. Eager to see what Blizzard does with a remaster. I also hope they make it so that you can select more than 12 units at once :P

Default Re: Starcraft Remastered - Thread of "You want a piece of me boy...........in HD?"

StarCraft: Remastered is able to achieve this effect as it uses all the same gameplay code as Brood War. This means that Dragoons and Goliaths are still a bit derpy in how they react to movement commands. The Reaver’s shot doesn’t always find a target. Mutas stack.
    The fact is that the gameplay is identical enough that old replays from 1.16 will play and work just fine under StarCraft: Remastered
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/broo...aft-remastered

So probably won't have 12+ unit selection since it's using the same old code. A remaster, not a remake.

Default Re: Starcraft Remastered - Thread of "You want a piece of me boy...........in HD?"

DAMN! Oh well, it will nice to play through it again. My last playthrough was most likely more than 15 years ago, so should still be fun. And the cheats.....

Speaking of remasters, some smart chaps are making a Diablo 2 HD mod for Starcraft 2........ wut.

Wonder how long before Blizzard brings down the axe on this.