User Tag List

Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Rage Rig 2017

  1. #1

    Wink Rage Rig 2017

    Hello everyone!

    Its my 8th consecutive year I will be going to rAge! So, lets see what the new kids are going to bring to the party this year.

    My current specs are the following:
    • Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z
    • AMD 8350 8-core CPU (now liquid cooled with a Corsair H115i, running at 5Ghz)
    • Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Extreme
    • 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866
    • 4x 128GB OCZ Vertex 4 in RAID0
    • Inside a Corsair Carbide Air 540
    • Powered by a Corsair RM1000i


    Yes, I'm a big Corsair slut... I even have a Corsair Headset...

  2. #2

    Default Re: Rage Rig 2017

    Well it is my 8th time but not consecutive as I did not go last year (had been unemplyed for 4 months before tickets went on sale and was employed the first monday afterwards)

    Well my humble rig is currently as follows:

    Cpu - Intel Core 5-3470k
    Ram - 8gb ram <want to up it to 12 or 16 gb while there>
    Gpu - Gtx 660 Ti 2gb (hope to get a good deal on a gtx 1050 before or at the event)
    OS Drive - 128gb Sandisk SSD <Running Ubuntu 17.04 on it>
    Secondary Drive - 4tb Seagate <want to get at least another 2 tb as they are going for cheap these days.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Rage Rig 2017

    Well well... this would be my virgin Rage LAN...

    So Specs as follows:

    Mainboard - ASUS R.O.G. Maximus IV Extreme
    CPU - Intel Core i5 3570 @3.40GHz
    Ram - 16Gb 2x Kingmax and 2x Apacer (just found that out as it's covered with MATRIX warehouse heatsinks)
    GPU - msi NVIDIA GeForce GTX950 2Gb
    Cooling - Coolermaster V6 and 3x case fans
    Power - VANTEC VAN-520C
    Housed in a Thermaltake RGB case

    Mouse - ASUS R.O.G. GX850
    Keyboard - Sharkoon Skiller (looking to upgrade,just a temp cheap solution)
    Headset - Corsier Void WL (Black and White)
    Monitor - Samsung SyncMaster 2333

    Looking forward to going to RAGE.

    (BTW: can you use a desk mount for screens(ie. is the tables thick/solid enough) or do you need the screen foot piece)

  4. #4

    Default Re: Rage Rig 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoAcheron View Post
    Hello everyone!

    Its my 8th consecutive year I will be going to rAge! So, lets see what the new kids are going to bring to the party this year.

    My current specs are the following:
    • Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z
    • AMD 8350 8-core CPU (now liquid cooled with a Corsair H115i, running at 5Ghz)
    • Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Extreme
    • 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866
    • 4x 128GB OCZ Vertex 4 in RAID0
    • Inside a Corsair Carbide Air 540
    • Powered by a Corsair RM1000i


    Yes, I'm a big Corsair slut... I even have a Corsair Headset...
    Nice specs man, I like the 1080Ti.

    This is my 10th year, I skipped last year as I had to save my money for travelling.

    My specs are :

    CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 12x 3.6GHz
    GPU: GeForce GTX 970
    RAM:4x4GB (Corsair DDR4)
    SSD: 850 Pro Evo 1TB
    Audio: The AKG in ears that you get with your phone :3
    OS: Arch Linux
    Kernel: x86_64 Linux 4.11.3-1-ARCH
    Resolution: 2560x2520

  5. #5

    Default Re: Rage Rig 2017

    number 13 for me

    CPU: Intel Core i7 hazwell 4770k at 4800 on custom watercooling loop
    MOTHERBOARD: Asus Z87 Deluxe
    GPU: Radeon R390x lightning edition 8gig
    RAM: 16gig Ballistic
    SSD: 128gig Solid State for OS and 2 Terabyte for GAMES
    OS: Windows 10 64bit

    I recently had to replace my pump on the watercooling, R130 water feature pump bought at a pet shop, identical to what I had, (actually moves more water per minute = cooler temps) beats R2500 for the original, only thing is, 220v not 12v, so I will have to jimmy rig some kind of power setup for r@ge.....mmmmmm will have to think about that

  6. #6

    Default Re: Rage Rig 2017

    Hi Number1 for me and 2 family members

    Intel I7 7700K
    Asus Prime Z270
    Hyperfury X DDR 4 16GB
    Samsung 950PRo SDD
    Asus 1080 Strix 11GB
    2 TB HDD
    OS Win 10 PRO 64bit
    Corsair H115i Water Cooling
    Several Fans HD

    So looking forward to this
    See you all there

  7. #7

    Talking Re: Rage Rig 2017

    Hi everyone.
    This is my first ever rAge sesh, i am really looking forward to it

    My current rig specs are:

    CPU: Intell I5 7600K
    Board: Asus Z270 Prime-A
    Ram: 2x4 GB (HyperX Fury DDR4)
    Gfx: Gigabyte R9270 2GB
    OS: Windows 10 Pro x64
    Chasis: In Win 509 ROG Edition

    Hoping to also get a good deal on a decent Gfx card when i get there :D

  8. #8

    Default Re: Rage Rig 2017

    another rage another rAge rig Thread.

    looking forward to meet up with you again this year @NeoAcheron.
    any way here is the rig this year,

    same old chassis Coolermaser trooper enforcer
    7700k
    16GB Adata z1 ram
    MSI gaming pro carbon
    Gigabyte GTX1070

    will update thread on amount which will be on DCC this year.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Rage Rig 2017

    LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!
    :P

    Cooler Master MasterCase 6 Pro
    Aorus Z270x Gaming 5
    i7 7700K (Coolermaster water cooling action happening in there)
    16 Gskill Trident Z 2800
    Gigabyte GTX1070
    Yea I got Hard drives in there :P Yea two of them are SSD

  10. #10

    Default Re: Rage Rig 2017

    Hey hey,

    I have asked, but looks like the seasoned pros did not notice or read my post to the end, this is part of my rig.

    Are desk mounts allowed at RAGE AND would they fit to the tables being supplied? My screens sits very low on the table top mount and it forces me to look down onto the screen causing neck pain, spasms and headaches. Also can you bring your own comfortable chair as part of your RIG? Did see some in photos of previous RAGE LAN's

    My apologies if this is not appropriate.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Rage Rig 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Hey hey,

    I have asked, but looks like the seasoned pros did not notice or read my post to the end, this is part of my rig.

    Are desk mounts allowed at RAGE AND would they fit to the tables being supplied? My screens sits very low on the table top mount and it forces me to look down onto the screen causing neck pain, spasms and headaches. Also can you bring your own comfortable chair as part of your RIG? Did see some in photos of previous RAGE LAN's

    My apologies if this is not appropriate.
    Comfy chairs no issues there, desk mounts doubtful, bring a box or something to prop under your monitor .

  12. #12

    Default Re: Rage Rig 2017

    Hey, so excited as this will be a first for me!

    Here is my rig specs:
    Asus Prime B250M
    I3 7100
    8Gig DDR4 Hyper X Fury
    Gainward 970 Phantom
    Cooler Master Fans and Case

    :)

  13. #13

    Default Re: Rage Rig 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Zanixy View Post
    Hey, so excited as this will be a first for me!

    Here is my rig specs:
    Asus Prime B250M
    I3 7100
    8Gig DDR4 Hyper X Fury
    Gainward 970 Phantom
    Cooler Master Fans and Case

    :)
    Gratz joining in for the first time.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Rage Rig 2017

    New Rig for me this year
    i7 7700K @ 4.5GHz
    AsRock Z270 Extreme4
    2x 8GB ElCheapo kingston memory
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1 Gaming
    512GB m.2 drive
    2x 2TB Seagate drives
    1.5TB Seagate drive
    Corsair C70 Vengeance case. (Slightly Modded)

    Benq 144Hz 24" full HD screen
    MSI DS100 Mouse
    Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard
    MSI DS200 Gaming Headset

  15. #15

    Default Re: Rage Rig 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR89 View Post
    Nice specs man, I like the 1080Ti.

    This is my 10th year, I skipped last year as I had to save my money for travelling.

    My specs are :

    CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 12x 3.6GHz
    GPU: GeForce GTX 970
    RAM:4x4GB (Corsair DDR4)
    SSD: 850 Pro Evo 1TB
    Audio: The AKG in ears that you get with your phone :3
    OS: Arch Linux
    Kernel: x86_64 Linux 4.11.3-1-ARCH
    Resolution: 2560x2520
    I revived my account just to give kudos to my fellow Linux Gamer.

    My specs (for what they're worth)
    CPU: Intel Core i5-6600k
    GPU: Geforce 770
    Ram: 4x4Gb no name el cheapo DDR4.
    Hdd: 1x4tb, 1x3tb, 1x2tb, 1x1tb, 1x240Gb Samsung SSD (I'll take it out for rAge, it has some super-secret work stuff on it).
    OS: OpenSUSE 42.2 probably 42.3 by rAge.
    Resolution: my trusty 1080p Samsung monitor that has lasted me around 4 rAges.

    Last rAge I had an uptime of almost 40 hours when some doofus unplugged me by accident.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Rage Rig 2017

    Great to be going again (4th year in a row now)

    Specs:
    Intel i5-6600K c@ 4.4 Ghz
    MSI Geforce 980 TI Seahawk SLI
    16GB G.Skill 3200Mhz Ram
    512GB Samsung M.2
    Asus PG279Q ROG Swift Monitor

    I see some Nix friendlies here, what games do you guys jol on Linux?

  17. #17

    Default Re: Rage Rig 2017

    @PervertedMonk, I recently completed firewatch. You can check the games I play on linux here http://steamcommunity.com/id/sarazor89/

  18. #18

    Cool Re: Rage Rig 2017

    I cant believe its almost that time again. Rage (counts...) 14? for me.

    I started to upgrade my Rig...
    i7700k CPU
    Asus Rampage IX motherboard
    32gig DDR4 Corsair ram
    512GB Samsung M.2

    I couldn't get the Graphics card I wanted due stock, so I decided my GTX Titan will be good till I can get the one I wanted.
    ROG-POSEIDON-GTX1080TI

    Few weeks ago I went back to check on stock and something caught my eye....

    http://store.asus.com/us/item/201706...288.1489640151

    And I decided its time to try a laptop at Rage. Its ordered and I'm getting it in 10days...

    So lets see how Rage will be on a laptop...I hope im not kicking my own backside afterwards. I figure worst case I sell it this side and buy the Poseidon?

    C'ya guys in the lines!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •