User Tag List

Page 235 of 235 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235
Results 4,681 to 4,685 of 4685

Thread: Favourite Anime Show

Default Re: Favourite Anime Show

A very well researched, entertaining and thought provoking watch about dubs in anime.

That was an interesting watch and a well made video. Personally, I don't want to know (and don't know) any voice actors by name, in both English or Japanese language anime (okay, maybe I know maybe 2 seiyuu). For me, knowing who the VA is, breaks my immersion.

There seems to be a bit of a contradiction in the dub community in that some people seem to want the same VAs because they are so well known, while others feel that things get a bit samey. I think dubs have come a long way and the quality is good considering how much is being dubbed, especially with simulcasts. For me, I still prefer subs and I can't see that changing.

Glad you liked it. The other day me and some friends in monster hunter were debating how the dub VA's do sound the same a lot, but I have to keep reminding them about awesome variant va's like Steve Blum, Monica Rial etc, who can bend their voices in about a million ways. You still know it's them though ;P
    Last edited by Incognito; 21-12-2017 at 02:22 PM.

Well now it's been a while since someone posted anything here:

Godzilla: Planet of the Monster Part 1 on Netflix

It ****ing sucked. So bad I would rather watch 98 and 2015 godzilla 3 times in a row.

It has manga too which is exactly like the anime. It continues from where the anime ends, they plan to make season 2 when manga is finished. Superbly funny and tear jerking at times. The characters, very well drawn, are so lovable, you can't help but fall in love with them. Great music too and a superb storyline that will keep you hooked to the end. Good luck!