User Tag List

Page 441 of 443 FirstFirst ... 341391431439440441442443 LastLast
Results 8,801 to 8,820 of 8855

Thread: Just bought/currently playing/recently completed

Default Re: Just bought/currently playing/recently completed

Mirror's Edge is infinitely better when played without any weapons. It adds caution to the game and makes it last a lot longer as well. It's one of my favourite games ever played, finished it a few times actually. I'm cautious about getting the second game though, the first had a cult following and the second was very long awaited, but that usually does not bode well. I'm also not sure if "more of the same thing" is good in that case.

Perhaps I'm just looking for excuses to not play Catalyst, I don't know. Maybe I just need an honest, to-the-ground review of the actual game to hear how it goes.

Yeah it's really a great game, just way too short. There were only a couple or so sections where I felt like I HAD to use guns (ship's parking garage for example), but the melee combat really sucks. I actually think it's by far the worst part of the game. Wish there was a stealth mode where you could just avoid every enemy and sneak by them, but for some reason they always pretty much know where I am at all times.
    Haven't started Catalyst yet, but I think you should def get it if you're a fan of the first. From what I've read it's just like the first game but just more open world instead of linear levels, with side quests, new gadgets etc. Just buy it man, screw reviews :]

On another note, also just bought Final Fantasy VIII and IX. Never played a FF in my life, so hope I'll like it haha. Always wanted to try the series though. Who knows I might get the rest of the series as well eventually, but I'll see how I like these two first. Heard great things about both, especially IX.
    Anyone here have a favourite and least favourite FF? Don't think I'd be interested in anything older than VIII.

And here I thought I won't play any games this holiday season...

Quote Originally Posted by Woodoo View Post
    Yeah it's really a great game, just way too short. There were only a couple or so sections where I felt like I HAD to use guns (ship's parking garage for example), but the melee combat really sucks. I actually think it's by far the worst part of the game. Wish there was a stealth mode where you could just avoid every enemy and sneak by them, but for some reason they always pretty much know where I am at all times.
    The thing about ME is NOT using guns. You can complete the game without guns except for the sniping scene. The enemies are always deployed in such a manner that you should find a route around them, not fight them all the way. Keep up speed and you can avoid confrontation - that's what the game's about.

Trust me I've tried. Played the first half of the game totally without guns but then got stuck in the ship's garage. Had to open a door on the lower deck but there were 5 or six guards. That's when I thought there had to be a way to pick up guns haha.
    I tried getting around them by sneaking behind the cars and trucks but they always spotted me. And it takes forever to open the door. Was killed more times in that section than anywhere else.
    But yeah I tried to use guns as little as possible. Totally agree it's more fun that way.

Saw that BT has Overwatch Origins Edition on special now for R699, going after work to pick up :D

Doom - The bugs in this game are really starting to irritate me, I am getting tired of having to restart from checkpoints and missions because doors won't open. Getting extremely annoying especially when you are getting patches of 10+gb that don't seem to be doing anything to fix these issues. I can overlook games but not when they release multiple massive patches which fixes nothing. Think I am almost at the end, game is starting to drag a bit, I have been to Hell then back to Mars then back to Hell and now I am back on Mars with what looks like another trip to Hell coming up. Enemy variety is becoming stale now as well.

Overwatch - Did my first Emoting D.va PotG don't know why it was taken so long to do it, usually to focused on the game to worry about it. Got put into a match on Volskaya yesterday, some dude quit cause he is obviously a useless cancerous player, so anyway game put me in his spot, when I entered the game there was 8 minutes on the clock, and the enemy was already at point B. Anyway we ended up winning the match and I ended up with 4 gold medals for Kills, Objective Kills, Objective time and damage. Symmetra is great fun to play now and in a perfect position. They must just fix her being able to put the shield generator in spawn points, that's dumb.

Haven't started Catalyst yet, but I think you should def get it if you're a fan of the first. From what I've read it's just like the first game but just more open world instead of linear levels, with side quests, new gadgets etc. Just buy it man, screw reviews :]

On another note, also just bought Final Fantasy VIII and IX. Never played a FF in my life, so hope I'll like it haha. Always wanted to try the series though. Who knows I might get the rest of the series as well eventually, but I'll see how I like these two first. Heard great things about both, especially IX.
    Anyone here have a favourite and least favourite FF? Don't think I'd be interested in anything older than VIII.

And here I thought I won't play any games this holiday season...
    I'm gonna agree with Toxxyc, Mirror's Edge should be played without using guns at all. This isn't a combat game and I think there focus was on maintaining momentum and dispatching enemies in your path. I agree that combat wasn't great but there wasn't too much of it and I just ran mostly. Catalyst does improve combat and removes guns entirely. It's a great game which I really should be playing more.

I'm not the biggest FF fan but my favourites are probably Tactics and Tactics Advance. From the core series, FFXII really stands out for me. I've only played VII (which is great) IV, X and XIII. I've always felt that there were better alternatives like the Shin Megami series.

Yeah I'll try another playthrough without using any guns, but I really found it impossible to do the first time.

As for FF, from what I've read a lot of people say VII and XII are the best ones. I just decided to start with VIII because I've read that VII is getting a remake. If I like the series (haven't started yet) I'll just get X/X2, XIII and its two sequels. I'll skip XI and XIV because they're online, and XII will only be released for pc next year which is weird. No idea when XV will come to pc, but it's because of its reviews that I decided to get into the series. Gonna play all the games on pc.

Nier Automata Demo - That was incredible, already a contender for GotY 2017. It's like 10 genre's in one. Just when you think the game can't get more over the top it does, and this is just the demo? Last time I felt like this was when I played the Vanquish demo. Combat is so smooth and the game runs incredibly. It's Bayonetta but a bit more intense as it adds elements from other genre's. It becomes a bullet hell then a mech simulator then you are all of a sudden flying and dodging bullets.

Words do this no justice, it's one of those games that just needs to be played. The combat is going to be so deep I cannot wait for the full release.

So...... I found that the Halo 5 Forge is on the microsoft store in windows 10. After a 35gb download, I was pleasantly surprised that the multiplayer mode works with the forge and that it can play cross platform. Already saw people busy making the Blood Gulch map into the game.

Tried the multiplayer and it was solid! Shots landed when I was shooting at people and never felt like I died due to lag. Quite excited to see where this will go

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPrince View Post
    Nier Automata Demo - That was incredible, already a contender for GotY 2017. It's like 10 genre's in one. Just when you think the game can't get more over the top it does, and this is just the demo? Last time I felt like this was when I played the Vanquish demo. Combat is so smooth and the game runs incredibly. It's Bayonetta but a bit more intense as it adds elements from other genre's. It becomes a bullet hell then a mech simulator then you are all of a sudden flying and dodging bullets.

Words do this no justice, it's one of those games that just needs to be played. The combat is going to be so deep I cannot wait for the full release.
    Oh my, I'm excited to hear that!

My holiday officially started today and I already spent a couple of hours in Final Fantasy VIII. Loving it so far!! The battles are pretty spectacular and so is the soundtrack. Already faced a few "bosses" and damn they're pretty tough this early on in the game. Don't even wanna think about how difficult the final boss/bosses will be.
    Don't really have any complaints so far, but I think the random battles that sometimes happen one after the other will get pretty annoying as the game goes on.
    And I know they're trying to tell me something in the instructions/tutorials, but holy crap I have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. So many things to learn and memorize in this game. I'm not used to Japanese games lol.
    I'm figuring out how everything works as the game goes on though.
    Also, I had no idea that there are absolutely no voices in the game. Just subtitles, but I don't mind. Last game in which I had to read everything was way back in Morrowind.

Gotta say that I'm already a FF fan now. Def getting the rest of the games.

Now can anyone tell me how to revive a party member during battles? One of my mates just lies there during battles with 0 health, but afterwards she wakes up. Haven't figured out how to revive her yet. Tried everything I think

My holiday officially started today and I already spent a couple of hours in Final Fantasy VIII. Loving it so far!! The battles are pretty spectacular and so is the soundtrack. Already faced a few "bosses" and damn they're pretty tough this early on in the game. Don't even wanna think about how difficult the final boss/bosses will be.
    Don't really have any complaints so far, but I think the random battles that sometimes happen one after the other will get pretty annoying as the game goes on.
    And I know they're trying to tell me something in the instructions/tutorials, but holy crap I have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. So many things to learn and memorize in this game. I'm not used to Japanese games lol.
    I'm figuring out how everything works as the game goes on though.
    Also, I had no idea that there are absolutely no voices in the game. Just subtitles, but I don't mind. Last game in which I had to read everything was way back in Morrowind.

Gotta say that I'm already a FF fan now. Def getting the rest of the games.

Now can anyone tell me how to revive a party member during battles? One of my mates just lies there during battles with 0 health, but afterwards she wakes up. Haven't figured out how to revive her yet. Tried everything I think
    Final Fantasy 8 is a bit of a difficult place to dive into the series because the Junction system is super weird and different to how the rest of the games play but it was also my first point of departure for the series. To revive a party member you must use an item called a phoenix down on them, rest at an inn or your bed in the school.

Other general tips I can give are

Enemies match your level so be careful when levelling up as this makes the game harder

Make your GFs learn the card mod and various refine abilities early on since you can use these early on to get some decent spells for stats

Learn to be good at Triple Triad. You can use it early on to get some decent spells and lots of the later items and weapons can only be obtained through card refining

When you get sent on your first mission you are given a magic lamp that lets you fight/obtain the GF Diablo. It is important that you defeat him as early as possible since at a high level it is basically impossible and he has some super important abilities that you will need

I am a huge FF fan and I am actually playing through the Remaster of 10 right now and loving it.

Oh cheers man! Yeah she's fine now after some rest, but good to know about phoenix down for next time. Think I have a few in inventory.
    This junction system is really complicated, but I'm getting the hang of it now. Still don't know what half of the stuff mean though.

And yeah I have that magic lamp. Don't know when I'll use it. Just finished the mission where I had to kidnap the (fake) president by swapping train cars.

And speaking of GFs, do they only have one attack? Can't figure out if I can let them use other attacks or anything. The instructions in the game don't make much sense to me so don't know if I missed something somewhere.

Loving the game though. Actually really looking forward to IX which most say is one of the best in the series. I have a lot of catching up to do...

Grid for free for the next day over on Humble Bundle.

Just click the banner for Grid on top of the page and log in. Enjoy!

So what did y'all get with this steam sale craze?

I bought God Eater 2 (which comes with God Eater 1), Skullgirls 2nd Encore, Black Mesa, Oddworld New n' Tasty and Chivalry Pack.

@James Donaldson Sorry to say but I requested a refund on God Eater 2, the first time I have ever requested a refund on any game on steam. The gameplay just feels so bland and boring compared to other games such as Dark Souls and Monster Hunter. And those upscaled PSP graphics are fugly as all hell. PS4 and PC remaster my ass. Oh, and Denuvo DRM for whatever bloody reason. So go ahead with the HA HA HA HAAAAA game, it's way more entertaining at least, :D

Thinking of buying ARK but my butt cheeks are still firmly clenched on that fence. Not the biggest sandbox survival fan but friends have been...... NAG-ing me to get it (sorry)
    Last edited by Incognito; 26-12-2016 at 04:01 AM.

^Why are you saying sorry to me?

I was trying to decide between, Tales of Zestiria, God Eater and X/X-2 and went with Zestiria.

I got gifted Firewatch, FFX HD, Tales of Symphonia and Shovel Knight. Thanks for that friends! I bought Devil Daggers and Blues and Bullets.

Just finished the Darkening of Tristram event in Diablo 3 and earned my Butcher pet. Have to say I was totally taken by surprise when I entered the portal and the graphics were old school 800x600 with badly animated walking animations. It was quite a trip down memory lane.

And of course hearing Matt Uelmen's music during the event was pure bliss.

Tales of Berseria Demo - Pretty good, I like the art style and the combat seems quite fun, will definitely play it but not at it's launch price, seems like a good title to pick up when it gets a price drop.

Diablo 3 - Geared a new character, playing a Monk at the moment, Uliana exploding palm Monk, damn this is a fun build to play, not pushing as high as my Demon Hunter in greater rifts but once I find some optimal gear I am sure I can start doing GR80's and above.

Gravity Rush Remastered - Coming back to the game, need to play it again in time for the new one next week.