User Tag List

Page 12 of 75 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cheaper Gaming Guide

Default Re: The Cheaper Gaming Guide

60% of on Batman: AA and Justcause on steam till end of the weekend.

Does anyone know if there are any good mail game rental places in SA Like gamefly in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric View Post
    http://more.take2.co.za/moreuk-bayon...001jepx08.html

Go Go Go! Bayonetta for under R400.
    I emailed Take2 asking for confirmation of the price and they said that the price displayed is correct. The sale is happening on Amazon's side and could fluctuate with the exchange rate. I am definatly placing an order now.

Don't even bother emailing them. If they display a price and you order at that price, you get the game at that price. Same goes for Kalahari. If they show a price, that's what you pay.

Retail in SA,

In regards to prices, I think BT games are a nice breath of fresh air, while they aren't perfect, their prices are more than reasonable esp if you're bargain hunting.

I really wonder how Game, Toys R US, CNA etc feel or even know about them? They hardly ever make their games cheaper, and they have so few deals etc, it's really terrible, I think they'd at least want to try and compete with BT games but it doesn't seem to be the case?

Xbox storage has always been expensive, and I know they will be enabling the use of USB storage devices this month, but the 250GB HD is not too badly priced (compared to prices for the older, small drives), R852.

Link here

Anyone know of a online store I am all ready aware of take2 and wantitall

evogames.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by BTROG View Post
    evogames.co.za

Is it relieble and cheap

This is not a discussion thread. Use Google ffs. If anyone wants to help him, PM him.

I've just quickly scanned the posts here, but didn't see anyone shopping on Ebay. This is probably stating the obvious, but you get really good deals if you don't mind playing used games and if you're willing to wait a bit longer for your game. Just got Assassins Creed 2 (PS3) for R260, delivered - excellent condition. Could've got God of War 3 (PS3) for R355, but lost that auction. A relatively new title on the PS3 which is sub R400 for me personally is beautifulll...

So, Makro in Milnerton has a huge sale. Picked up a few rare treasures on Saturday.

Master of Olympus - R10
    Pharoah Gold - R10
    Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom - R10
    Homeworld 2 (squeeeeeee) - R10

And the most prized of all,

Darwinia - R20.

I wanted to scratch around a bit more, but I knew I'd spend a lot more than I should, so I left after finding those jewels.

Quote Originally Posted by Graal View Post
    Homeworld 2 (squeeeeeee) - R10
    I'd travel all the way from Durban there to take advantage of that deal. But then it would cost me more than the game here just on petrol...

Anyone looking for an Xbox 360 or a new Xbox 360 controller should head over to CNA. I saw an advert in the paper where the Xbox costs R2500 with two controllers and both GOW1 and GOW2. If you just want a controller, it comes with a free game (selection includes Fable II and GOW2).

Can anybody tell me more about BT GAMES? We are finally getting a branch in Nelspruit, and I heard that you can swap two or three older XBOX games for a new game. Is this true?

You can swop as many as you want, the credit stacks and you get a discount towards new purchases.

I is not known where full games were. Is I to know, I are not telling, but known where half games are. It are puzzling... o_O. MHBFY... "Rugby Shirts" !!?? Wut??

Anyways, METRO 2033 special edition at TAKE2 for R289. Not bad.. For those of you fortunate enough to have a PS3 (that's still able to play PS one games) and an internet connection - I found a gem of a game, Vagrant Story, as a download for R55! You will pay about R250 for the disc on eBay.

Most PS1 games on the PSN are about that price, also, I'm pretty sure all PS3s can play PS1 titles, even the new slim ones.

My 80GB phat was the one that lost the Backwards compatibility for the PS2, but I can still play PS1 games on it.

Yes I saw all the PSOne games are priced in that region. I was just so psyched to finally get my PS3 connected to the PSN and pleasantly surprised to find the game there and that it went for 55bucks.