Blizzard has had a lot to say about Diablo III since its release, admitting that certain character skills are grossly overpowered and that the game is in general easier than they meant it to be. There is a patch due out soon which is supposed to fix a lot of the issues that everyone is complaining about, including a hotfix which will resolve urgent character balance issues.
The developer also released some neat statistics relating to the game, which you’ll find beyond the break…
…and as promised, here they are!
• On average players have created three characters each.
• 80 percent of characters are between levels one and 30.
• 1.9 percent of characters have unlocked Inferno difficulty.
• 54 percent of Hardcore players chose a female character.
• The majority of Hardcore deaths (35 percent) occur in Act I Normal.
• The most common level 60 build in the game is only used by 0.7 per cent of level 60 characters of that class (not including passive diversity).
• The most-used runes for each class at level 60 are Barbarian: Best Served Cold; Demon Hunter: Lingering Fog; Wizard: Mirror Skin; Monk: Peaceful Repose; and Witch Doctor: Numbing Dart.