Ubisoft, on occasion, sends out research questionnaires to handfuls of people to poll opinion on what direction a sequel should take. Now that Far Cry 4 is out and doing very well, it’s natural for Ubisoft to start thinking about the next game. A recent online poll released by the publisher suggests that the next game could go in a decidedly different direction.
The survey provided 11 options for the settings and themes of the next game in the first-person shooter series. The options ranged from a present day Far Cry set “on a Jurassic Park style island of dinosaurs” (oh my gosh PLEASE make this a thing) to a “Spaghetti Western style set in the late 19th century Americas” (I want this too).
Hit the jump for the full list and then shower us with your choices for the next game.
- A Far Cry game in remote Alaska about surviving extreme wilderness
- A Far Cry game in a futuristic, sci-fi setting on another planet
- A Far Cry game set in the Vietnam war during the 1960s
- A Far Cry game set in the cocaine trafficking jungles of Peru
- A Far Cry game where you can fight against or join vampires
- A Far Cry game in the Spaghetti Western style set in the late 19th century Americas
- A Far Cry game that is set during a zombie outbreak
- Blood Dragon 2: A sequel to Blood Dragon with more Rex Power Colt
- A Far Cry game set in a Mad Max style post-apocalyptic world
- A Far Cry game in the present day on a Jurassic Park style island of dinosaurs
- A Far Cry game based on the world of Shangri-La from Far Cry
Personally, I’m all for a dinosaur themed Far Cry or a Spaghetti Western. The Mad Max one could be cool but runs the risk of being too much like Rage; that and there’s already a new, open-world Mad Max game on the horizon anyway.