Because playing soccer with radio-controlled cars wasn’t already zaaaaany enough, Rocket League is getting a new, free, “epic battle royale” Rumble mode that mixes in 11 even zaaaaanier power-ups to, uh, “enhance” play, developer Psyonix announced during the game’s Championships Series finale in Hollywood last night.
The Mario Kart-style power-ups feature:
- The Boot (kicks an opponent’s car)
- Disruptor (forces the opponent to drive uncontrollably)
- Freezer (freezes the ball in-place)
- Grappling Hook (pulls you towards the ball)
- Haymaker (punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (grabs the ball via plunger and cord)
- Power Hitter (hit everything harder)
- Spike (attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
- Swapper (change positions on the field with your opponent)
- Tornado (sweep up the ball and cars into a giant funnel cloud)
Rumble mode will be available in all online playlists, including Private and Exhibition matches, and launching as part of a “much bigger update” sometime in September. Get hype.