That’s right, in just two days (31 December) Blizzard’s phenomenal Diablo turns 20, just old enough to consent to a tormented existence in the fiery pits of hell. Fun times. To help commemorate the event, the developer has revealed that fans of its games can expect to partake in “special in-game events” as well as grab some themed goodies “soon.” Details below.
The announcement comes via Diablo III‘s official Battle.net page and gives us a sneak peak at some of the themed stuff headed to most of Blizzard’s biggest IPs.
- Diablo III: Recapture the feeling of your first play through of the original Diablo with The Darkening of Tristram tribute event. Venture through a reimagined version of the original cathedral in Diablo III and keep an eye out for some familiar items.
- Heroes of the Storm: The battle for the High Heavens continues, and a new Diablo-themed portrait is up for grabs! Can you emerge victorious on this hectic new brawl map?
- Hearthstone: In this Tavern Brawl, a hooded stranger awaits, holding a grim deck in his hands. Will you unravel the secrets surrounding this dark wanderer?
- Overwatch: Bring the battle for Sanctuary into the fight for the future with in-game sprays representing your favourite Diablo III classes—along with a new player icon modelled after the Lord of Terror!
- StarCraft 2: Put the Lord of Terror to work for you with a Diablo-themed worker portrait.
- World of Warcraft: Strange things are afoot in the world of Azeroth as denizens of Sanctuary cross over into an unfamiliar world.
There’s no confirmation about when all of this will go live, but when we know, you’ll know. Just be aware that when everything comes online, it’ll “only be available for a limited time.”