Back in November, Valve revealed that they would be hosting their own awards thing this year, aptly called the Steam Awards, with fans voting for their favourite games on the platform regardless of when they were released.
Well, after about eight days of frantic voting (22-29 December) the results are finally in, and they’re very… interesting. All of that after the jump.
Fans had the opportunity to vote for games in 12 different categories, ranging from “Vilain Most In Need Of A Hug,” to “I’m Not Crying, There’s Something In My Eye,” and even one category simply called “Boom Boom.” The most interesting part of all this, to me at least, is the fact that only two of the games that won awards were released in 2016. Also, you guys really love trucks and blowing stuff up, huh?
Anyway, here are the first ever winners of the Steam Awards:
- Villain Most In Need Of A Hug: Portal 2
- I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award: Euro Truck Simulator 2
- Test of Time: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim
- Just 5 More Minutes: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- Whoooaaaaaaa, dude!: Grand Theft Auto V
- Game Within A Game: Grand Theft Auto V
- I’m Not Crying, There’s Something In My Eye: The Walking Dead
- Best Use Of A Farm Animal: Goat Simulator
- Boom Boom: Doom
- Love/Hate Relationship: Dark Souls III
- Sit Back and Relax: Euro Truck Simulator 2
- Better With Friends: Left 4 Dead 2