I know another Overwatch hero being added to Heroes of the Storm isn’t a super big deal, I mean, Tracer and Zarya already made the jump to the nexus quite a while ago. But come on, it’s Lúcio, you guys! The bringer of the beats, the terror in the streets, the wall-riding, roller-blading, sound-wave shooting bad-ass! I mean, I’m not sure what use his wall-riding would be in a MOBA but I don’t even care.
Anyway yes, Lúcio will be Heroes of the Storm‘s newest healer, and according to the announcement teaser video, and a ♪♫ breakdown ♫♪ of his abilities, he should feel instantly familiar to anyone who’s played him in Overwatch.
First, here’s the excruciatingly brief teaser trailer.
Looks like a blast, and most of Lúcio’s abilities seem to have made the move to HOTS relatively unchanged. Below is a rundown of them all courtesy of fan site HeroesHearth.
Trait (D): Wall Ride
- When moving alongside impassable terrain, Lúcio can walk through other units, and his Movement Speed is increased by 20%. This effect stacks with other Movement Speed bonuses.
Q ability: Soundwave
- Deal damage to enemies in a cone-shaped area and knock them back.
W ability: Crossfade
- Play one of two tracks that passively provide allied Heroes with either a Speed Boost or a Healing Boost in a large radius around you. Activate Crossfade to swap tracks.
- Healing Boost: Restore a small amount of Health every second to Lúcio and nearby allied Heroes.
- Speed Boost: Increase the Movement Speed of Lúcio and nearby allied Heroes by 15%.
E ability: Amp It Up
- Raise Lúcio’s Crossfade track volume for 3 seconds, amping Speed Boost to 45% increased Movement Speed, and significantly increasing the Healing rate of Healing Boost.
R Heroic Abilities
- Sound Barrier (R): After 1 second, Lúcio and nearby allied Heroes gain a massive Shield that rapidly decays over the next 6 seconds.
- Reverse Amp (R): Blast Lúcio’s Crossfade track at enemy Heroes for 4 seconds, causing Healing Boost to inflict damage every second, and Speed Boost to Slow Movement Speed by 45%.
- Increase Amp It Up’s duration to 4 seconds.
The blurb also includes a comprehensive list of the character’s talents which you can check out over here.
There’s currently no real expected release date for the hero, but the game’s official Twitter states that Lúcio will appear in the PTR (public test realm) “soon.”