Everybody loves getting something for nothing, and Destiny 2‘s clan engrams are the best kind of something for nothing. If you belong to a clan, you get free purple engrams each week when other people in your clan finish things like the Leviathan raid, Nightfall strike, or Crucible activities*. You can totally delegate that stuff, guys. But, as you’ve probably realised not so gleefully unwrapping a lame-o power level 10 scout rifle (oh, um, wow), some of those free purple engrams haven’t exactly been the most impressive. Until now. Okay, next week.
On Tuesday 3 October, Bungie is dropping a hotfix for that game that, among other things, will boost the power level of clan engrams awarded for completing the raid and Trials of the Nine multiplayer mode from 10 to something more appropriate to your character’s level. So, turns out that wasn’t intentional, and Hawthorne isn’t actually a stingy asshole like Rahool.
Other fixes include:
- Fixed an issue in which players could lose access to the Veteran’s Transmat Effect by deleting characters
- Fixed an issue in which clan engrams would grant Trials of the Nine and raid rewards at only 10 Power
- Fixed an issue in which progress for the Exotic Quest Step “His Highness’s Seal” was not incrementing properly
- Quest progress will still increment by 1, but the Quest Step now only requires 10 Seals to be collected
- Fixed an issue in which raid milestones would not show for some players after the weekly reset (This didn’t affect any raid rewards)
- Fixed issues in which players could enter a state where they are continuously killed or unable to resurrect if encounter complete and failure events occurred simultaneously
If you’re don’t belong to a clan, you’re obviously missing out. So join mine #shamelessplug.