Mouldy Toof Studios’ quirky strategy game, The Escapists 2, has been confirmed for release on Nintendo Switch on 11 January 2018, so you’ll soon be able to escape from the confines of your living room and take the popular Prison-Break’em’up on the run with you.
If you’re yet to try any of the games in the series, The Escapists 2 is, as the name implies, a game about escaping. I bought the first one, and I’ll be honest, it didn’t grab me. But that’s probably more to do with my attention span than it is to do with the quality of the game. Most people seem to love it.
Interested? How about a few bullet points from publisher Team17 to really get you in the mood, as per the press release.
• 10 unique themed prisons to escape from
• Two player split-screen play, and up to four player co-op and versus online multiplayer
• Drop-in, drop-out online multiplayer experience. Carefully plan and execute an intricate escape from your initial incarceration with your fellow inmates either online or locally, or simply hop into an existing game that’s in progress to help pull off the final touches of the escape!
• Create your con with over 300 customisations to create your perfect prisoner
• A dedicated tutorial for new players to learn the basics of prison life
The Escapists 2 will be released via the Switch eShop, and will be available for pre-purchase and pre-load from 4 January.