Playground Games has released the latest update for Forza Horizon 4, and while it comes packing the expected array of fixes across Xbox One and Windows PC, it’s the addition of a route creator that will have most Horizon fans doing a little dance of joy.
One of the most requested features of the franchise’s history, this new feature allows players to craft race routes across the stunningly recreated English countryside, simply by driving the route and dropping checkpoints as you go. It’s a simple yet elegant system, and one which should help to create routes with an organic flow – something that is hard to achieve with a more traditional drag-and-drop system of pins on a map. Routes need to start from an existing event start point, and from there you’ve got 64km to play with, but other than that you’re only restricted by your creativity and the car you’re driving.
There’s also a new Horizon Story coming along with the update, called British Racing Green, which focuses on the history of British-built cars over the last 100 years. You’ll need to hit level 50 to unlock the British Racing Green thread, though, so you’d best get out there and win a few races, burn a few donuts in a field, ramp over a few rivers, do whatever it takes to get there.
Lastly, here’s your list of tweaks and fixes:
- General stability and performance improvements.
- Multiple engine audio improvements based on community feedback.
- Added quit option in Quickplay Team Adventure after finishing an Adventure.
- Improvements to Force Feedback understeer effect
- Fix for progress loss on Forzathon Challenges.
- Fix for rewards not being awarded in Seasonal Championships and Trial events.
- Fix for blurring on the edges of a moving target car in Photo Mode.
- Fix to avoid early completion of Trial events and allow all events to be finished.
- Fix for VIP House reward exploit.
- Fix for reset system not placing the car correctly when changing season after an event.
- Improvements to free-roam Drivatar behaviour, when driving round tight corners
- Fix for calculation of team score in Horizon Stories Co-op sessions during time-based challenges.
- Fix for Forzathon Weekly Bonus not updating correctly in the UI.
- Fix for HDR brightness calibration screen.
- Fix for traffic cars not spawning sometimes after a Barn Find cinematic.
- Fix for displayed value of VIP house when VIP owned, but house not purchased.
- Fix for rotating wheels when car is stationary in Pause Menu, ForzaVista and Drone Mode.
- Fix for video options being lost when tweaking AMD GPU clock speeds.
- Increased quality of grass and tree procedurals at distance when Procedural Quality setting is set to Extreme.
- Fix for ‘low streaming bandwidth’ message on high spec PCs when GPU-limited.
- Fix for crash when changing audio devices whilst a video is playing.
- No Xbox-specific fixes.