I would apologise for the headline, but I’m not sorry. For this week’s Mosh Pit it’s a short one because literally everyone has a sale going on and digging out interesting things for this week’s piece would take far too long. Instead, I’ve linked every Black Friday sale for today or throughout the weekend that you might want to check out, including Vodacom’s very good deals on smartphones that they’re clearing out of inventory.
Spotify Premium is now almost as cheap as a Steers ice cream
From now until 31 December 2018, you can sign up for Spotify Premium for R5.99 a month for the next three months, and afterwards pick up the service for its regular price of R59.99 a month. Spotify is a life-changing music streaming service, and I use the term “life-changing” because after just a few weeks of using it, you begin to stop looking at Musica stores in anticipation of a CD release of your favourite artist because it’ll be on Spotify usually the same day, and you can pop it into your playlist without having to put on pants and make small talk with people. Spotify also has a Christmas 2018 playlist, which you can check out here. There’s not a single Boney M. song in there, which is wonderful.
Hunter Killer in cinemas this weekend
Let me just paste Hunter Killer’s synopsis here: HUNTER KILLER follows an untested submarine captain who must work with a Navy SEAL team to rescue the Russian president, who has been taken prisoner during a military coup, in an effort to stop a rogue Russian General from igniting World War III.
If you’re done reading that and wondering why it sounds like a slightly more unrealistic take on the Hunt for Red October, that’s because it is. But what does it have in Common with Tom Clancy’s novel-turned-movie-adaption? It has Russians. With Russian accents. Also propaganda. Also Gerard Butler is now typecast as the saviour of presidents.
Black Friday Sales are literally everywhere
This is technically a cop-out, but I mean, what else is there going on today? Here’s a not-comprehensive list of Black Friday sales you might want to check out:
- BT Games’ Black Friday Sale (although literally ALL of South Africa is hugging the site to death, so you might as well visit their stores to check out their discounts on clothing and games)
- Good Old Games Black Friday Sale (Up to 80% off select titles)
- Raru Black Friday Weekend (deals get refreshed every couple of hours, and stocks are limited)
- Takealot’s Blue Dot Sale (look, guys, it took long enough for Saffers to cotton on to the Black Friday theme, you mos can’t change it again wena!)
- Rebel Tech Black Friday Sale
- Evetech’s Double XP Weekend (I like this name better)
- Wootware Black Friday Sale (Wootware’s laptops are on special, and those are Sager OEM designs)
- Vodacom’s Black Friday Clearance Sale (Nokia’s Scirocco 8 Black for R165 per month is a steal)
- CNA Black Friday Sale (Congrats ZA, we’ve hugged it to death)
- Makro’s Black Friday Sale (some deals will only be available in-store)
- Steam’s Autumn Sale is now on
- PlayStation Black Friday Sale
- Amazon’s Black Friday Sale (lots of discounts on digital games, and you might get lucky with shipped items)
- Titan-Ice’s Black Friday Sale (PSUs are getting steep discounts)
- Game’s Black Friday Weekend In-Store deals and Online-only deals
- Loot’s Black Friday Sale
- Nexus promotions running this weekend